Here are just some of the stuff I've been told:
- "You don't need breast enhancement. You need liposuction. Two lipos actually--upper and lower abdomens."
- "Ang nipis ng buhok mo, teh. Kalbo ka na nga halos! Try mo yung treatment namin!"
- "Your dark eye circles are so bad. May wrinkles pa! This cream will fix that."
- "Wow. I can count your lashes. They're so few and sparse. Try this mascara!"
- "You seriously need our slimming treatments. Mommies really get so fat!"
- "Kelan ka huling nagpa-foot spa? Kasi parang pang-kabayo na yung heels mo. Try our paraffin treatment."
- "Manage your acne? Actually, you need Botox."
- "You look good in that dress but better if you use Spank." (I think she meant Spanx)
- "You gained so much weight na! Hirap to lose the pregnancy pounds, no? Want to try our new gym classes?"
- "Yes, the treatment can even your skin tone but I suggest this other treatment kasi uka-uka na ang mukha mo."
Now tell me, seriously, with all that thrown at your face on a regular basis, do you think I can possibly think I'm perfect?!
|My family is my beauty secret!|
I think I'm a pretty girl. Above average, sure, but nothing special, looks-wise. But I'm aware that a lot of people think I'm beautiful despite the big tummy, thin hair, dark eye circles, sparse lashes, flab, zits, and acne scars. I believe the beauty that people see in me is the happiness, confidence and peace I radiate. I may not be physically perfect but my life is pretty darn close to perfect. I work hard on my relationships, my career and my mind, and the work paid off. My life is beyond beautiful. And no beauty product or procedure did that!