Monday, July 5, 2010
I'm taking on Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Challenge
1. Get at least 7 hours of sleep each night.
2. Drink soothing beverages like herbal infusions or milk before bedtime.
3. Avoid exercise near sleepy time.
4. In the afternoon and early evening, stay away from stimulants like coffee, green tea and colas.
5. Enjoy relaxing activities, like a warm bath, before going to sleep.
6. Shut the TV off when you're ready to sleep.
7. Curb your alcohol consumption.
Now, I don't drink alcohol and--now that I'm pregnant--I try to avoid caffeine. I also don't exercise. So 3, 4 and 7 are done. But the rest... For one thing, I'm 34 weeks pregnant so getting sleep is particularly hard now since my body is so big and uncomfortable. I also avoid drinking anything before sleeping because that means, with my baby pressing against my bladder, I'll get up numerous times in the night to pee. I also like stimulating reads or TV shows or I blog before sleeping.
Yep, getting enough sleep is actually hard and I'm sure a lot of people out there agree so I hesitated to say yes. But hey, let's do this! It's just for 15 days. I am curious to see what this elixir of squalene, evening primrose oil, Omega-6 fatty acids and lavender oil can do to my tired, hormone-ravaged skin. So beginning tonight, I will be in bed by midnight, with my face slathered in Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate. Okay, it's 11 PM. Time to go to bed. Wish me luck!