Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Lola Cosmetics' Klexius Kolby one beauty tip for the ladies!

A few weeks ago, I found myself at Makati Shangri-la's posh Red restaurant for an intimate lunch with makeup artist Klexius Kolby. There was just me, Preview's Pauline Juan and Good Housekeeping's Pia Rojas and--after a lovely meal of tuna tartar, sea bass and flourless chocolate cake--we just had to ask Klexius about Hollywood, makeup tricks and beauty tips.


About Hollywood, well, sorry, my lips are sealed! As for the tips and tricks, here is Klexius' favorite--and it's really so simple that us ladies have absolutely no excuse not to do this:

"I recommend a scrubbing every three days, in the shower. When the skin is very moist, take a washcloth all over the body and a microscrub for the face and lips. You end up with baby skin."

(He loves the skin scrubs of Skin Food. I am a fan of Kiehl's and The Body Shop.)

He did tell me to get Bio-Oil. He says it's the single most effective solution to stretchmarks and scars! Thing is Bio-Oil is not available here in the Philippines. He said he buys his at Boots in London. Well! If there's any of you here from the UK, please send me a bottle or two!
 
Klexius, who has been painting the faces of Britney Spears, Charlize Theron, Dita Von Teese, Eva Mendes, Janet Jackson, Jennifer Lopez, Madonna, Meryl Streep, Naomi Campbell, Sandra Bullock, Whitney Houston and more, showed us how to do 5-minute makeup. I think Pia will do a write-up about this in Good Housekeeeping soon so watch for it. I'll ask her to share with you soon, but before that, let me tell you what my favorite Lola products are:


The lipstick! I usually don't like lipstick but this one's so sheer so it doesn't feel heavy at all. It contains vitamins A, C and E, too, for fabulous antioxidizing! And it comes in this clever case with a snap-up mirror. Love it!


The cream highlighter and blush. Regular readers of this blog know that I don't expose myself to the sun so that my skin won't have ugly sun damage like wrinkles, spots and uneven darkening. The only problem with this is I am so very pale so I always need to have blush. The cream blush is fabulous and I love that there's a highlighter, which I dab on browbones and cheekbones to give my face structure and definition. Love it! 

Lola Cosmetics is available exclusively at Beauty at SM at SM Cubao, SM Makati and SM Megamall; and at Marionnaud at SM Mall of Asia.

Product photos by Elijah Mendoza

4 comments:

Jem said...

i had wanted to try their lipstick when i saw how nifty the packaging is with the mirror on it but it's more expensive than mac..
T_T

Maybe someday i'll be able to buy their lipstick din..
hehehe

Beauty For A Living said...

Ya, I also find it pricey. But it's really nice on the lips, Thiamere =) And since I'm a lip gloss girl, that's saying a lot!

Duni said...

I'm white as a sheet, so I use cream blush to make me look 'healthy'!

Love your polka dot blog background :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! Oh! Bio-oil is available for pre-order at shopspot.multiply.com!