Thursday, April 1, 2010

These limited edition bottles of Kiehl's Açaí Damage-Protecting Toning Mists can help save the rain forests!

Exciting news, beauty denizens! Kiehl's banded together with three influential artists to create these limited edition bottles of the Açaí Damage-Protecting Toning Mist! 

All of the net proceeds from the sale of this limited edition set will go directly to the Rainforest Alliance, a nonprofit organization dedicated to conserving biodiversity and ensuring sustainable livelihood. Yes, that's right--100% of the net proceeds, people!

Actress Julianne Moore, musician Pharrell Williams and artist Jeff Koons each designed a bottle label:

Julianne Moore: "As a consumer that tries to find new ways to cut down on waste, I used hearts on the label that I designed to symbolize my love for the earth, and if even one person sees this product and thinks about how they, too, can be kinder to the world in which we live, then it is a step in the right direction!"    

Pharrell Williams: "For my label, I used camouflage. I don't like the idea that camouflage is always linked to war; it's intended for disguise and that's why I chose it. I incorporated all kinds of little images and animals inspired by the rain forest into my label."

Jeff Koons: "I wanted to add vibrancy and color to draw attention to this particular product since all of the proceeds benefit the Rainforest Alliance. Using the word Açaí, I adorned the label with some of my favorite nature-inspired balloon sculptures and added a lot of color to pop."

There's also a fourth label that features the colorful artwork created by the kids of the communities of the Brazilian Amazon.  

This month, we celebrate Earth Day. April 22 is a special day to remind us that we ought to care for Mother Earth just a little bit more. Since we're consumers (can't help it--as long as we're alive, we'll have to consume!), let's find ways to either lessen our consumption or to use products that at least give back to the planet. My husband and I are already fans of the Kiehl's Açaí Berry line and, with this new limited edition, we know we're not only caring for ourselves but also for our planet!

Each Kiehl's limited edition Açaí Damage-Protecting Toning Mist is available at Greenbelt 5 for P1,950 (6 fl.oz./ 180 ml). 

No comments: